Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 21, 2010

China :-)

I am back from an amazing 3 weeks in China. I enjoyed Shanghai, Hong Kong, Chong Qing, the Yangtze River Cruise, (Saw the 3 Gorges Dam and went through my first lock) and then Beijing. Here are a few of my impressions of China, the Middle Kingdom. In Chinese, the two characters for "China" are;  which means "middle" by itself, and  "Country".
America is: 美国
Canada is: 加拿大
South America is: 南美洲
Africa is: 非洲


It is so different from my "quiet" hometown. The people everywhere, the buses, subways, taxis, bikes, motorcycles, the noise. The airports with hallways stretching into seemingly endless space. Quiet Hutongs (side streets off the main road) and local markets. Traditional Chinese Herbal medicine markets. Street shops selling trinkets, jewelry, and almost anything you can think of.


Meeting friendly people who want their picture taken with you. :-) Learning Chinese characters, and singing hymns in pinyin. (the pronunciation of chinese characters) Saying "Shia, Shia!" several times a day. 谢谢 Xie, Xie (Thank you)  


Having fun recognizing and remembering simple characters, practicing using chopsticks, trying and liking the flavorful hot pot. (soup made from duck broth, duck neck and other vegetables and meats, spicy green onion, and flavored with lachow sauce (very spicy,chinese flavoring/sauce) All in all, I had an exciting time learning more about the culture, customs, and meeting new friends with the people of China. I can't wait to go back! From Shanghai to HK, to Chong Qing to Hubei Province (via a cruise on the Yangtze River) and then to Beijing, I was humbled to see how people on the other side of the world live joyfully and without complaining. Sometimes in a simple dwelling, or maybe in an apartment complex with a little grass in the common park area, or on a Hutong in Beijing, within walking distance of Tianamen Square. 


I am so thankful for my home and family and I realize more and more how much God has blessed me! :-)  


Joyfully HIS, 
Elizabeth  
为中国祷告 
Pray for China  


"Better City, Better Life" (a link to the WORLD EXPO. I visited this in Shanghai)  
http://en.expo2010.cn/



我回来了,从中国一个惊人的3个星期。我很喜欢上海,香港,重庆,长江游轮,(锯3三峡大坝和我第一次经历了锁),然后北京。
它是如此,从我的“安静”的故乡一样。在世界各地的人们,公共汽车,地铁,出租车,自行车,摩托车,噪音。与成看似无尽的空间伸展走廊机场。安静的胡同(离大路小街)及本地市场。传统中草药市场。街店铺出售饰品,珠宝,几乎任何你能想到的。
友善的人民,谁希望自己与你拍照。学习汉字和拼音字。他说:“什叶派,什叶派!”每天数次。谢谢谢,谢(谢谢)
爱玩简单字符识别和记忆,练习用筷子,尝试和喜欢的美味火锅。 (汤液制成的鸭,鸭脖等蔬菜和肉类,葱辣,与lachow酱(非常辣中国调味品/酱油,调味)
总之,我有一个激动人心的时刻学习有关的文化,习俗多,会见了中国人民的新朋友。我等不及要回去!
从上海到香港,到重庆到湖北省(通过长江上的游船),然后到北京,我是多么卑微地看到在世界另一端的人的生活。有时,在简单的住房,或在一个公寓

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thank you for sharing abour China. Though I have never been, God has brought me many Chinese girls to teach about Jesus. I have grown to love them so much! Praying with you for China